IS 710, also known as CenturyPly Marine Grade, is a waterproof plywood sheet that is extremely effective at keeping insects and marine organisms out of fishing boats. It comes with the best quality plywood at the best plywood price with waterproof features.
Features of IS 710 grade plywood
Marine-grade plywoods have IS 710 specifications. Marine grade plywood is much stronger than both MR and BWR grade plywood. It also has superior waterproof quality. This can be gauged from the fact that Marine plywood can be submerged in water for 72 hours without any kind of damage. Phenol formaldehyde resin is used for bonding the piles of veneer in marine plywood. Marine-grade plywood is used for making ships and boats. It is also an exterior-grade plywood designed to withstand extreme weather conditions. Marine-grade plywood is not used for making furniture. The is 710 plywood prices range between Rs 100 and Rs 200 per square foot in the case of 19mm boards.
IS : 710 Plywood
It is BWP or Boiling Waterproof grade plywood. It is also known as Marine-grade plywood. This plywood is much stronger than MR or BWR grade plywoods. BWP grade is highly recommended for washrooms, kitchen and all the water prone areas. Get your hand on the Bhutan tuff’s Steel Marine ply today.
- IS 710 is nothing but BWP (Boiling water proof) plywood. mostly used in construction industry.
- It is not necessary to use in home interior product design.
- It can be used for any home exterior product design.
- It’s very expensive comparSubmite to IS 303 (MR and BWR plywood)
- no damage could happen if you submerge up to 72 hrs.
So what is IS 710 grade plywood?
IS 710 is grading or specification that stands for marine grade plywoods. Don’t get confused! Marine-grade plywood is much stronger than both MR and BWR grade plywood. ( MR stands for moisture-resistant and BWR stands for Boiling water resistant which is lower than BWP meaning Boiling waterproof ). It also has superior waterproof quality. This can be gauged from the fact that Marine plywood can be submerged in water for 72 hours without any kind of damage. Phenol formaldehyde resin is used for bonding the piles of veneer in marine plywood. Marine-grade plywood is mostly used for making ships and boats. It is also exterior grade plywood designed to withstand extreme weather conditions.
Features of BWP 710 Grade Plywood
- 710 grade plywood has superior waterproof quality when compared to BWR and MR grade plywood. The use of undiluted synthetic plastic resins during the manufacturing process offers this plywood a high waterproofing quality.
- This type of plywood has the ability to withstand extreme weather conditions. That’s why it can be exposed to moisture or humidity for a long duration without any delamination.
- 710 grade plywood is relatively heavy. So, you are not recommended to use it for overhead shelves and shutters. If used, support them with some additional high-quality hinges.
- You can use this type of plywood for outdoor applications. Due to its high water-resisting property, 710 grade plywood is best suited for applications that are likely to get wet often for a prolonged period, such as bathroom cabinets, kitchen cabinets, etc.